February 8, 2015

Duochrome Polish

My favorite thing about nail polish is that you can create new shades by combining opaque colors with glitters.  I used Bali Mist by Sinful Colors and Burst by LA Girl Color Pop. 

I used the Bali Mist a few times on its own before, so I knew it was a duochrome polish.  When I searched for swatches of this color, most blogs complained that the color was too sheer, but then they layered Bali Mist over black or green, the outcome was gorgeous.  Those swatches make me really want to try it because duochrome nail polishes are so pretty. 

So, when I painted Burst, a holographic glitter polish, on top, it emphasized the color change perfectly.  It's lavender when there is sunlight shining on it and turns gold under artificial lighting.





I also have this posted on my main blog http://cjssweetmemories.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment